Today I have given presentation On Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and SharePoint 2010, to a group of student partner. A Student partner is community organized by Microsoft Innovation Center Karachi, Pakistan, where each student represent as a Ambassador for respective university.
The presentation went well and good to see the students response toward SharePoint.
We live in the era of Social Computing Technologies
- Social Networking sites — Facebook
- Image or Video sharing Flickr
, just to give you a straight facts and figures
- More than 400 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- There are over 22 million WordPress publishers as of February 2010
- 10.6 million blogs hosted on WordPress.com plus 11.4 million active installations of the WordPress.org software.
- Hosted more than 4 billion Images as of October 2009
By the time we are living in a whole some Social Computing Environment, there is a need arise why not we require a Social Computing apps for Our Organization, why not we blend it with our business needs and offer a interactive web space where user can share their content, business goal and automate their process flow to reduce the cost and time to complete the task.
While Taking SharePoint as an Social Computing Technology, here is some facts, Over half of the largest companies (10,000+ employees) indicated SharePoint 2007 use. These rates beat ALL of the other document and content platforms listed – EMC, IBM, Open Text, Oracle, Hyland, et al.
Working with different companies and with the users ranging from Technical to Executives of companies, requirements are more or less same for the Content Management System.
- Content can be managed at a central location. Many Employees are happy to use a SharePoint kind of application as merely a document sharing. Com’on guys you can use a share drive for those document, your company is paying hefty amount on the license of the SharePoint.
- Content can be visible to people they want (limited visibility and access).
- Content can be uploaded and displayed in a way they want.
- Last not the least Automate their boring, somewhat critical, time-consuming, routed task. It is very heartening to see that Employees and Managers are now using this high cost product to its potential.
- And yeah some Wiki and Blog site as well 😀
I guess it is better to have a SharePoint Applications with in your Organization, rather than farming on the virtual backyard.
Hi all, I have been off for fews days from my blog. Recently i tried to exploit my laptop by installing SharePoint 2010 Beta on it.
Let me tell you the installation of SharePoint 2010 Beta is much easier than Moss 2007. SharePoint 2010 itself install all the pre-requisite.
My Laptop hardware Specs are:
- Intel Core Duo 2.4 GHZ
- RAM 3 GB
- and Enough Hard Disk 240 GB
I have installed Window Server 2008 R2 on my laptop specially For SharePoint 2010 Beta
You have to first Register to download for SharePoint 2010, after registration download the Enterpirse Version of the SharePoint 2010 Beta.
SharePoint 2010 Beta install the pre-Requiste before installing the SharePoint 2010. I have installed a Standalone version keeping in my mind that i am using it for evaluation and not for long term.
After Installing SharePoint 2010, you have to run the SharePoint 2010 wizard for configuring, in my case it has prompted an error, which i have rectify by installing hotfix.
If any error arise, search the error keyword on google or bing, Search will give you the best possible solution.
This Post is about to have a quick view on how the SharePoint Servers Communicate with each other, it starts with
When a user issues a query, the query is sent to a Web server. The Web server communicates with the query server to build a list of results, and then communicates with the computer running Microsoft SQL Server to extend the list of results with summarization text, URLs, and security trimming. In parallel, the Web Server gets page data from SQL Server and renders them on fly. This diagram will help in understanding which roles to use on farm servers.