There was no endpoint listening at http://rd00…. . This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.

From past one day, I was facing a problem, which isn’t well documented anywhere on the blogs and internet, so now I take the responsibility to address this issue and workaround to solve this 🙂

For this scenario, i have three application

  1. Windows Azure WCF Service
  2. Test WinFormApplication (consume local service for testing)
  3. Actual WinFormApplication ( consume service from Windows Azure)

I created Windows Azure WCF Service, which runs well in locally. Moreover to check the actual output, i have created a test application which consume this service locally. And in our case it worked like a charm here.

After that i deployed my Service on the Windows Azure, and get everything ready as per below image.

Now then when I used this Windows Azure WCF Service in my

There was no endpoint listening at http://rd00155d340994/service1.svc that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.

After looking into so many blog and post, i wonder it is has some thing to do with the configuration in my Azure project or in my application.

As you can see that this link “http://rd00155d340994/service1.svc” isn’t right, so I followed a  hunch that this URL “ http://rd00155d340994/service1.svc” must be some where mentioned, In my azure project there wasn’t any URL of this kind.

Gotcha, it was in my  application which consume that service, I opened my appconfig, and found right there.

 <client>
            <endpoint address="http://rd00155d340994.cloudapp.net/SrvDragToTag.svc" binding="basicHttpBinding"
                bindingConfiguration="BasicHttpBinding_IDragToTag" contract="SrvDragToTag.IDragToTag"
                name="BasicHttpBinding_IDragToTag" />
        </client>

        

now replace this faulty URL with your Service URL and here you go.

Cheers,

Happy Azuring:)

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “There was no endpoint listening at http://rd00…. . This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action.

  1. That will fix the problem, but the issue starts in the service wsdl. For whatever reason hosting on Azure, I have a very similar problem. The local machine name of the Azure server is being used instead of the bindings web address.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s